COVID-19 Business Impact Grant
The City of Sheridan is launching a grant program for targeted small businesses in Sheridan to ease the current economic burden resulting from COVID-19. This is aligned with the Arapahoe CARES program to assist recovery in a multitude of ways across Arapahoe County. The City of Sheridan will have two grant categories available, Business Interruption and Infrastructure.
1. Business Interruption – Grant funds can be used to support the operational needs of the business such as lease/mortgage payments, utility expenses, payroll expense, supplies and services, materials. (If grant funding was received within the past 6 months that amount may be deducted from the award)
Maximum amount $10,000
2. Infrastructure – Grant funds can be used to purchase items needed to adapt your business to new processes or items needed to operate in a different manner due to the COVID-19 crisis, including PPE. This grant will reimburse items purchased back to March 1, 2020 used to safely adapt and/or change your business to operate within the COVID-19 pandemic. The program will also allow you to plan future expense and be reimbursed at the time of the expense through November 30, 2020.
Maximum amount $10,000
Applications will be accepted until grant funding is exhausted and evaluated on a first come, first served basis.
To be eligible please review the below criteria.
- Your business must operate from a physical location within the boundaries of the City of Sheridan. Locations that also serve as a residence (i.e. home-based businesses) are not eligible for this program.
- Your business must employ fewer than 50 employees (as of February 1, 2020).
- Your business must be in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State and the City of Sheridan.
- Your business must be able to document impacts/losses, and demonstrate they are directly attributable to compliance with public health orders, or otherwise a direct result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- In addition, you must be able to provide the following documentation, if requested:
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Colorado Secretary of State
- Copy of current lease or mortgage statement for the space in which the business is located
- Copy of March 2019 income statement and balance sheet
- Copy of current income statement and balance sheet
Apply here: https://ci.sheridan.co.us/FormCenter/Online-Forms-2/City-of-Sheridan-COVID19-Business-Impact-38