The City of Sheridan functions within a Council-Manager form of government. The City Council is the governing body of the City and the city manager is the administrative officer of the City.
The City Council is comprised of seven council members including:
- The mayor, who is nominated and elected from the City at large
- Two nominated and elected members from each of the three wards
Each council member shall serve four-year terms. Such terms are staggered within each ward. The mayor is elected for a four-year term. Compensation of the mayor and council members is set by ordinance.
Council meetings are held the second and fourth Mondays of each month at 7:00 p.m. Work sessions are held prior to Council meetings at 6:00 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.
Agendas & Minutes
- Agendas are available prior to meetings.
- Agendas are also available for City Council work sessions.
- Minutes are available following approval.