- Planning & Zoning
- Tree Canopy Program
Tree Canopy Program
Applications are closed for 2023. Look for us again in 2024!
As part of the City's goals and initiatives to increase the community's tree canopy, the city will be offering trees to residents at a low cost in the Spring of 2023.
*If you are interested in participating, please contact Ari Snow, Planner II, at 303-438-3208 or via email at email@example.com.
Orders are processed on a first come first serve basis, so please get your application and payment in as quickly as possible to ensure we will have your preferred tree.
All trees must be planted in Sheridan city limits. Use the Address Wizard to confirm the address is in the Sheridan city limits.
Your order cannot be confirmed until your payment has been received.
You can pay using these options:
- Pay by phone: 303-762-2200
- Check by mail or in person: made payable to the City of Sheridan sent to: City of Sheridan, Tree Program, 4101 S. Federal Blvd. Sheridan, CO 80110
- Using credit card or cash, payable in person. Please note that all credit card transactions will be charged a 2% processing fee
If you have any questions, please contact Ari Snow, Planner II, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-438-3208.
If you have already filled out the application, please review the confirmation letter that discusses the tree pick up date and how to select a location for your tree:
Additional documents including the species of trees offered, and after planting care instructions can be found below:
Why is Urban Tree Canopy Important?
- Removal of pollutants from the air, soil and water
- Release of water vapor into the atmosphere which cools the surrounding areas, mitigating the urban heat island effect
- Interception of rainfall and reduction of storm water runoff (and thus, reducing the costs related to infrastructure required to manage it)
- Energy savings and reduced greenhouse gas emissions due to shade provided
- Carbon sequestration
- Increased property values
The City of Sheridan's Tree Canopy initiative is in partnership with Groundwork Denver and Sheridan Inspire. For more information on outdoor activities for families and youth, please visit Sheridan Inspire's website here.