- Municipal Court
- Traffic Offenses
If you have received a City of Sheridan traffic ticket, it will have either Box A or Box B checked on the front. On the back of the ticket are specific instructions for each box. The instructions are as follows:
Box A - Pleading Guilty
If Box A is checked, and you wish to plead guilty and receive the point reduction:
- Sign and date the "Waiver of Rights and Plea of Guilty" area on the back bottom portion of your ticket
- Mail with full payment by check or money order to the Court
Payment must be received in the Court Clerk's office no later than 4:30 pm the Court business day before your court appearance date, listed on the front of your ticket.
Box A - Appearing in Court
If Box A is checked but you wish to appear in Court:
- Arrive on the Municipal Court date at the time noted on your summons
- Have a parent or guardian present if you are under 18 years of age
- Check in to the court and then speak to the prosecuting attorney if you wish
- Listen to the judge advise you of your rights
- Pay fines and costs at the time they are imposed by the court or ask for a stay of execution (extension of time)
View instructions to follow if Box B is checked on your ticket.
Failing to Act
If you fail to take one of the actions listed for either Box A or Box B, you will be subject to certain consequences. View more about the consequences of failing to act.
Photo Radar & Red Light
If you have received a notice of violation from photo radar or a red light, please go here.