Small Business Relief Fund Grant
Arapahoe County is administering a Small Business Relief Fund to support the most vulnerable small businesses throughout our communities. These business are at the very heart of our thriving economy but have been hit especially hard during the pandemic.
This funding is authorized by the State of Colorado under recent legislation: SB20B-001. The amount of available funds has not yet been released, but the County is encouraging businesses to review the following information carefully and apply as soon as possible, even before exact dollar amounts are available.
The deadline for applying is Sunday, Jan. 31, 2021.
- Arapahoe County will not know the exact amount of available funding until Jan. 15.
- Your business must meet the criteria and eligibility requirements (below).
- This funding must be distributed by Feb. 12, 2021.
- All applications must be complete and correct when submitted. Due to the time constraints placed on this program, inaccurate applications or applications missing any information will not be considered.
- Pending the application volume and the available funding from the state, businesses with receipts less than $500,000 will be prioritized to receive grant funds first.
- The following business types are eligible to apply for this funding, consistent with state statute:
- Bars (includes establishments like a winery, brewery, distillery, etc.)
- Movie Theatres
- Gyms & Recreation Centers (indoor gyms, recreation centers, bowling alleys, indoor sports facilities, and those facilities that host indoor fitness classes or have pools)
- Receipts less than $500,000 are eligible for a maximum payment of $3,500
- Minimum of 20% revenue loss (compared to 2019 receipts) or is a business opened between Jan. 1 and March 26, 2020
- Currently operating within Arapahoe County (including one of the 13 municipalities)
- Commitment to operate for the next six months by self-affirmation
- Valid business license and in good standing with issuing agency or a Certificate of Good Standing
- Cannot also receive funding from “Arts Relief Program” or the “Minority Owned Business Relief Program” established by SB20B-001.
- Qualifies as a “Small Business” by meeting the following criteria in the bill:
- Headquartered and operating in Colorado
- Minimum of one full-time employee or a sole proprietorship
- Less than $2.5 million in annual revenue/receipts
State legislation defines the maximum grant amounts for small businesses based on annual receipts as follows. Pending application volume and the available state funding, businesses with receipts less than $500,000 will be prioritized to receive grant funds first.
- Tier 1: Small businesses with receipts less than $500,000
- Are eligible for a maximum payment of $3,500
- Tier 2: Small businesses with receipts greater than $500,000 and less than $1 million.
- Are eligible for a maximum payment of $5,000
- Tier 3: Small businesses with receipts greater than $1 million but less than $2.5 million
- Are eligible for a maximum payment of $7,000
Get Ready to Apply
All applications must be complete and correct when submitted. Due to the time constraints placed on this program, the County will not be responsible for following up on any inaccuracies or missing information from application. Please read through all requirements thoroughly before submitting an application.
Please do not start an application until you have obtained all evidence and documentation to fulfill the list below.
Disclaimer: Content on this page is informational only. Business applicants should rely on the details outlined in the application.
All applications must be received by Jan. 31, 2021. Please review a sample application.
- Evidence of headquarters in and doing business within Arapahoe County, Colorado
- Colorado Income Tax Number or Tax Exempt Certificate Number
- NAICS code for eligible industry
- Affirmation of intent to continue operations within the state for at least the next six months
- Evidence of a 20% reduction in revenue since March 26, 2020 due to restrictions (Not required for businesses that began operations between Jan. 1–March 26, 2020)
- Valid business license in good standing (Certificate of Good Standing from Secretary of State)
- Affirmation that your business has received no other funds from SB20B-001.
- Affirmation your business is in compliance with all current public health orders
- Evidence of sole proprietorship or at least one full time employee
- Evidence of less than $2.5 million in sales in 2019
Contact Arapahoe County
If you have questions about this grant or application process please contact us by: