Are you wanting to join the City Council? Calling all potential candidates. Pick up your packet now!
Candidate Packets are available here or at the City Clerk's Office.
City Clerk's Office
- 4101 S Federal Blvd, Sheridan, CO 80110
- Monday- Friday
- 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Offices to be filled are the four City Council seats, one from Ward 1, one from Ward 2 and two from Ward 3.
The election will be held on November 5, 2019 and will be a coordinated mail-ballot election with Arapahoe County. Ballots will be sent to every registered voter beginning October 14, 2019.
Each candidate for City Council must be nominated by petitions signed by at least 25 registered electors residing within the Ward from which the candidate is to be elected.
Candidate packets will be available on-line and in the City Clerk’s Office beginning August 6, 2019 for those residents interested in running for City Council.
Candidate Packets do NOT include petitions. Petitions can only be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office. Only petition forms obtained from the City Clerk’s office may be circulated and may only be circulated from August 6th to August 26th.
Candidates must, at the time of the election, meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Each candidate must have resided in his/her respective Ward for a period of at least 12 months immediately preceding the election. Elected officials must continue to live within the ward from which they were elected throughout their term of office.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or abuse of public office.
- No person who is an employee of the City of Sheridan may serve as a Council member. Any employee who runs such seat shall be deemed to have resigned from the position of City employee on the date of certification of his/her election to such office.
Anyone interested in running for office, please contact the Sheridan City Clerk (303-438-3306) for further information.