The City of Sheridan functions within a Council-Manager form of government. The city manager is the chief administrative officer of the City and is hired by the City Council.
The city manager is responsible for:
- Acting as the City's Economic Development Director
- Advising the City Council of the financial condition of the City as well as its existing and future financial needs
- Creating and submitting to the City Council an annual city budget and monthly financial reports
- Enforcing the City Council's ordinances, resolutions, policies, and other directives
- Exercising supervision and control over all city departments except Council-appointed officials
- Implementing personnel policy for all city employees