Municipal Court

Language interpretation services are available. Requests for services must be made 24-72 hours in advance of your court appearance. Please send inquiries to Kathi Husek, court administrator, at 303-762-2200.

Arraignments & Trials

The Sheridan Municipal Court sessions for arraignments (first appearance) are on Thursday evenings from 6:00 pm to approximately 7:30 pm.

The doors open at 5:15 pm for early check-in. Court is on a first-come, first-served basis.

Trials begin upon completion of all arraignments at approximately 6:15 pm.


The City of Sheridan accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover for payments of a Traffic Violation. There is a 2.5% fee added to each transaction. To pay your ticket over the phone, contact the Municipal Court Department at 303-762-2200.

For your convenience, the City of Sheridan has a payment drop box for all Traffic Violation or Court related payments. The drop box is located outside of the Sheridan Municipal Center's Main Entrance off of Oxford and S. Hazel Court It is brown in color and is posted with specific signage.


Parking is available on the west side of the city hall building. Parking in the traffic circle is limited to 20 minutes or to vehicles appropriately marked as handicapped. It is recommended that you park in the lot and not in the traffic circle.

Main Entrance

The main entrance to the city hall building is on the west side of the building adjacent to the traffic circle.

Video & Audio Recording

Policy regarding video and audio recording in the Sheridan Municipal Court can be found here.

Photo Radar Tickets

The City of Sheridan and the Sheridan Police Department has contracted with Verra Mobility, which provides road safety programs for communities across the United States. More information about Verra Mobility is available at

PAY ONLINE: The fastest and easiest way to pay is online. Go to and log in with your Notice # and PIN located on the front of your Notice. Click the Pay Button.

 A fee may apply for online payments.

PAYMENT BY MAIL: Send bottom portion of your violation along with a check or money order payable to:

 City of Sheridan
 Photo Enforcement Program
 PO Box 35131
 Seattle, WA 98124-5131

DO NOT MAIL CASH. Be sure to put the Notice # on the face of your payment. Checks returned due to insufficient funds may result in an additional fee added to the civil penalty due, in addition to any fees charged by your banking institution.

 PAY BY PHONE: Call 1-866-790-4111 and select option 1. 

 This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 

 A fee may apply for phone payments.

What if I don’t agree with my red-light or speed Notice of Violation?

If you don't agree with your red-light or speed violation, you have the right to contest the violation with the Office of Administrative Review. 

What if I lost my Notice of Violation?

Please email or call Verra Mobility 1-877-790-4111 Monday- Friday between the hours of 6am – 6pm MST and have your license plate number readily available. 

What if the registered owner was not driving the vehicle at the time of the violation?

The registered owner of a vehicle will be mailed the Notice of Violation. If your vehicle was stolen, sold prior to the date and time of the violation, the operator received a citation for this violation from a law enforcement officer, driver at the time of the violation is deceased, or the vehicle was otherwise not in your care, custody, or control at the time of the violation, you may submit a sworn statement to that effect to rebut the presumption that you were driving the vehicle at the time of the violation.

Send the notarized Affidavit of Non-Responsibility (along with the supporting documentation and a copy of your Notice of Violation) back before the due date on the front of the notice. Please mail to:

            Violation Processing Center
            PO Box 22091
            Tempe, AZ 85285-2091

Or email to, or fax to 1-480-990-4819.

If an Owner furnishes satisfactory evidence pursuant to this paragraph, the Court may terminate the prosecution of the Notice of Violation issued to the owner, and if appropriate, issue a Notice of Violation to the person identified in the evidence as the operator of the motor vehicle at the time of the violation. You will be notified of the outcome by mail. Keep in mind that submitting the Affidavit will NOT automatically result in the closure of the matter. If further information is required, you will be notified. 



View frequently requested Municipal Court resources.